Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grilled Pesto and Mozzarella Sandwich for a Garage Painter

The other day my son was painting the garage. It was hot, muggy and he was starving. I thought I had nothing in the house.
Then I remembered my homemade pesto, oven roasted tomatoes and some leftover fresh mozzarella cheese.
I had some yummy Arthur Avenue Casa Bread from the Bronx and I gave it a quick toasting. Slathered it with pesto, slices of mozz and threw on some oven roasted tomatoes. I popped it back into the toaster oven and melted the cheese. I served it up with a tall glass of Iced Tea. The boy was in heaven! And lunch merely took me 10 minutes from start to finish.
All text and picuters are property of The Gypsy Chef

1 comment:

  1. Well, Ms. GC, I made a grilled pesto and mozzarella sandwich for dinner tonight and, Oh Yum! On my way to vegan, the sandwich is a pleasant part to the journey. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete